Edward Ebbetts CRANE
- Born: 1810, Camden, Camden Co., NJ 324
- Marriage: Martha E. KIRBY
- Died: 23 Apr 1887, Mill Creek, Greenbrier Co., WV at age 77 2537,2538
- Buried: Amwell Baptist Church Cemetery, Rupert, Greenbrier Co., WV 2539
1880 Greenbrier Co., WV Federal Census
Meadow Bluff District
Crane, Edward E.69NJ NJ MD
Martha A.65 wifeMD MD MD
Joseph S.60 broMD NJ MD
Joseph S. 40 sonVA NJ MD
Hines, Anna E. 28 dauVA NJ MD
Hines, William I.14 g-sonWV VA VA
The Greenbrier Independent, Volume XXI, Number 48, Thursday Evening, May 5, 1887
On the 23rd ult., at his home in Meadow Bluff district, this county, Mr. Edward E. Crane, in the 78th year of his age.
The Greenbrier Independent, Volume XXI, Number 50, Thursday Evening, May 19, 1887
Mr. Edward E. Crane, who was taken sick last November, took in addition the dangerous cough and cold so prevalent here in February, and died on the 23rd ult., in the 77th year of his age. He leaves a wife, two sons, six daughters and twenty-four grandchildren.
Noted events in his life were:
• Will: Greenbrier Co., WV, 19 Mar 1887.
• Occupation: Teacher, 1850. 162
Edward married Martha E. KIRBY, daughter of Loftus KIRBY and Delia DORSEY. (Martha E. KIRBY was born in 1818 in Cambridge, Dorchester Co., MD 2540 and died on 3 Mar 1889 in Mill Creek, Greenbrier Co., WV 2540.). The cause of her death was heart disease.